- The Unlikely Church Planter
- In the early 1990s, Marty Fields definitely would have been voted "Least Likely Church Planter" at RTS/Orlando. In fact, no one was more surprised than Marty himself when God called him to plant Islands Presbyterian Church on Wilmington Island (one of the Barrier Islands) outside Savannah, Georgia, in 1995. ...
- Sanctification: Growing Toward God
By Dr. Roger Nicole
- Sanctification is an unwelcome word to many Christians for at least two reasons. Some people look upon it as a joyless wasteland where God takes away everything enjoyable in life in order for us to grow as Christians. Fearful and intimidated, they avoid any contact with the process. ...
- Still Standing Firm, But Not Standing Still: RTS in the New Millennium
- "Fear God, not people. 'If you're on your knees before the Lord,' someone once said, 'you can be on your feet before anyone in the world [and] never have to be afraid.'" With those stirring words, RTS President Luder Whitlock began his speech at the dedication ceremonies for the RTS/Orlando campus.
His words were not much different from those of founder Dr. Sam Patterson over thirty years ago. A Mississippi country pastor with a passion for biblical truth, Patterson led other men in a virtually impossible dream in his era-- to start a seminary committed to the inerrancy and authority of God's Word. ...
Volume 18, Number 3
© 1999 RTS
- Can the Church Seize the Moment?
by Dr. Luder Whitlock
- Something unusual is happening. It cannot be denied and we ignore it to our peril. A spiritual stirring is evident in the land, broader and more sustained than anything in years. Millions of Americans have embarked on a fresh search for the sacred, seemingly determined to continue until their innermost longings have been satisfied. They are trying to connect spiritually. They want to experience God. ...
- You Can Understand the Old Testament!
Q. and A.
with Dr. J. Alec Motyer
Raising a Generation for Jesus
- "If you read the newspaper or watch a newscast, it is possible, if not probable, to come to the point of despair over the youth culture of the '90s. Drug use, rebellion, and violence among young people can be overwhelming. ...Does the church have something to calm their fears and satisfy their needs?"
So begins RTS student Jon Davis's article, "A Generation for Jesus" on the website of the Central Florida Episcopal Diocese. ...
- Does Your Life Advertise Christ?
By Dr. David Jussely
- I have never met a believer who was saved by simply watching someone's life.
To be saved, men must hear and believe the verbal testimony about Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ " (Rom.10:17).
However, I have met hundreds of people who made their initial movement toward the Gospel message because they saw its transforming power in another person's life. The way we live before others really matters. ...